WoD Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoD Chronicles

A Group Dedicated to Roleplaying within the World of Darkness

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doan
Admin

New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+) Empty
PostSubject: New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+)   New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:11 pm

"New York City Chronicles"

Setting
New York City(NWOD)

Theme
Freeform, sandbox, based on player's actions. The possibilities are only limited by the players.

Known Organizations
Human
Adler Finance Corp. - A large finance corporation that has a lot of ties in the city.

Kindred
Lancea Sanctum
Ordo Drakul
Circle of the Crone
Carthian Movement
The Unaligned

Last edited by Admin on Fri May 28, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://nwodchronicles.forumotion.com
Doan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+)   New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:18 pm

Roleplaying(RP)

Roleplaying is a large part of this chronicle. And only those who are willing to rp will be fully accepted. Now this does not mean only experienced roleplayers are accepted. I am more than willing to work with players new to rp so long as they show a willingness to learn and shows progress. Here are some examples of what I would expect from each player:

Injury: If your character is injured, incorporate that into the rp. For example if your character was shot in the leg, don't say you run around everywhere and just go on with your normal routine. This is likely to result in permanent injury to your character or result in your character's death.

Scary Situation: If your character is put in a frightening situation, please show that through rp. If you go face to face with a werewolf and just wink at them, you'll be eaten.

ST hints: If the ST tells you that your character suddenly gets certain feelings, act on those hints. If the ST says your character feels angry suddely, and you rp that you're all smiles and happy as can be, then you'll more than likely not last long in that game.

Proper Format: During the game it is important to use proper format. When speaking in character(ic) use quotation marks " ". Example. "Take me to *insert address*" When speaking to a taxi cab driver.

When speaking out of character(ooc) always use double parenthesis. Example: ((What was the name of such and such npc?)). This is useful for when asking questions to the ST during a game.

When your character does something, emote it. Example: I walk slowly to the cab, checking the area as I go.
Being descriptive with emotes is a good practice, though simple emotes will work.

Your character should reflect your character sheet: If your character has only one point in stamina, then he or she will get tired easily. One point in strength means they are very weak. If your character is combat oriented, don't try to play off that you are good in social situations because I do roll for actions to see if they succeed.

(More to be added)

Last edited by Admin on Fri May 28, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+)   New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:19 pm

Characters

All characters start as human. During the game you will either become Kindred, Werewolf, or a mage. This will be a surprise that will be decided by me based on several differnt things. Mainly rp. If you attract the attention of a kindred you will probably be embraced. This will be a rp heavy chronicle. Characters who start as residents of the city that have jobs should take atleast 1 point in the resource merit. This way they will actually gain money each month. Characters will start by themselves, unless players know each other already, which will have to be approved by me first. Characters will not be introduced by me unless events in game lead up to it, or if they players stumble across each other.

Characters:Update 12/11/09
Each player will have their own story unfold in the city. Most of the city has been created, the npcs go about their usual ruitines which may change from day to day, or change due to a players influence. The NPCs and the city itself will react to the player's actions. So the story itself depends on your character, and how the npcs in the city relates to those actions. The actions of other players may also influence events as well. If your character is famous he must have the fame merit. If your character has contacts/allies then you must take those merits as well. For anything in a bio to be used in game, your character sheet much reflect it at character creation.

After character creation i'm not allowing the contact or ally merits to be purchased with xp. They must be gained through rp. Once I feel you've done enough to gain the NPC's trust to gain them as an ally or contact then i'll update a section in the forums for your character that details Related NPCs.

Characters: Update 03/29/10
All characters can have no attribute or skill above 3 at character creation. It can be raised to the limit (normally 5) by spending experience you earn during the game or via downtime training.

Characters: Update 05/19/10
Players can have up to 2 characters for this chronicle only if you can manage two characters, if you prefer only one that is fine.

Trial
New players will each go through a few trial games. During those games i'll be looking at several different aspects. The main aspect is their ability to roleplay. The second aspect is how they interact with other players. The third is how well they adapt and learn. If they meet each of these aspects succesfully they will recieve an area on the forums to post downtime and made an active player. If the trial is not successful they will not be allowed to play in further games. Don't worry if you're new to roleplaying. So long as you show improvement and you are willing to learn then you'll be approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+)   New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New York City - New York - United States of America(Must be 18+)
Page 1 of 1